Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
vvtechser
My Device: Not Specified

Strange Blackberry Issue - New Build Suddenly Requesting Permission Access

During development testing of my app I'm running into a strange issue where new builds (Build 2.0) of the exact same code base suddenly default permissions (carrier internet, gps) to be Prompt rather than Allow on install.

Details -- Same code base

So there exists two builds, both with the same code base. Build 1.0 was made/signed last week. Build 2.0 was made/signed yesterday. If I install Build 1.0, no issues with initial permissions (all Allow). But on install of Build 2.0 the same permissions (carrier internet, gps) are set to Prompt.

Questions

The app does make gps & data requests and I do understand that some phone configurations require permissions to be set, but why would a build that previously didn't need permissions (Build 1.0) all of a sudden require them (Build 2.0)? 

I assume it might have to do with my project/build settings but I'm not sure what. Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Developer
cagdasgerede
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Strange Blackberry Issue - New Build Suddenly Requesting Permission Access

Have you every installed the build 1 to the device and run it? If you did, and if you changed the permissions, this might be the reasons why currently it has "allow".

And since build 2 is a new build, it makes sense it has prompt in its permissions.

Project/Build settings cannot affect permission defaults of an application. Permission defaults are affected by phone default permission template and/or IT policies applied to the phone. You cannot determine what the default permissions of an application are as an application developer. Otherwise, you would make all allow and never have to ask the user.

Please use plain text.