Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Supplementary Service error : System failure

HI All,

I am getting error "Supplementary Service error : System failure" after sending message. Iwant to know is it programming flaw or carrier problem.

Please tell me where I am going wrong

Device: BB jevaline

SIM Card: Reliance GSM

Developer

Re: Supplementary Service error : System failure

Please Help!!!

Anybody have rough idea...Please share

I am too much confused by the error

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Google gives next topic:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/15849-supplementary-service-error-syst...

Looks like it device problem. The last post in topic says how someone has been able to fix it.

Developer

Thanks eugen for your effort

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Sharad,

Please mark topic as resolved.

Developer

Yet I did not got solution to my problem...so when i will get solution to this thread(either by myself or any member) then i will mark it as solved

Contributor

I'm having the same problem - and 'wiping the device and reloading' isn't a solution. That's like the old Micro$oft advice "Reload Windows." No one's going to do that, so the issue isn't 'closed.'

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve/javelin
My Carrier: reliance gsm

[ Edited ]

i thought id reply here just to make everyones life a bit easier. but this is not a solution . i face the same problem .. whenever i send an sms or make a call after the sms is succesfully sent i get the error "supplementary service error : system failure " 

now i have done a research and i have noticed this happens only on prepaid phones. because when i was using vodaphone postpaid i face no such problem at all . everything worked smoothly. but i recently switched over to reliance GSM and found out tht this problem is happeneing . im not sure if this is a problem with the reliance gsm prepaid sim card but on monday my friend will be buying a airtel sim card(prepaid) i shall try tht on my phone and post here with the results. adios ... 

update 1

http://www.reliancemobile.com/webapp/Communications/website/Mobile/locateus/RTL_Manual_of_Practice_n...

on cliking tht link page no 7 point no 17 .. you will see that supplementary services is not available .hmmm

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Graphic Designer

I too am facing the same problem,I can't receive or make calls and texts,but I do have network and my B.I.S is working properly.I know it's my device's problem and not my sim card's,if I could get help to that iy would be my pleasure,

Junior
Developer

Sorry, this is a developer forum, I suspect you are not a developer.  We developers are not necessarily any good on device issues.  So I suggest you find your device in this list and ask the question in the associated forum.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Smartphones-and/ct-p/Smartphones

Good luck.