Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
shahumang8
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

System Default menu language not change as per Localization which use into app

Hi,

I have some urgency into application so can you reply me asap.

Actually i implemented Localization into application for Os 5.0 to 7.0.But i fetch some problem into specific devices so can you help me for short out.

My Problem :-

I use two language into my app 1. Netherland and 2. English.

Then 2 type of different scenario produce

1. Whenever user change language from application at that time default menu (Close ,Switch Application and Keyboard) language not change.It's means they change language as per device language.But this problem fetch some specific device like 9850 for Os 7.0 and 9300 for Os 6.0.

2.Same process do user into another device like 9300 Os 5.0,8900 Os 5.0,9800 Os 6.0, 9900 Os 7.0 and 9320 Os 7.0 ect.. at that time default menu (Close,Switch Application) language change as per application language. It's means they not change language as per device language.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: System Default menu language not change as per Localization which use into app

Sorry, can you explain your problem again?

Please use plain text.
Developer
shahumang8

Re: System Default menu language not change as per Localization which use into app

I implmeneted localization into app.

Problem is :- Into default menu (Close and Switch Application) laguage not change as per applicaiton(Localization) langauge. 

I check applicaiton into 9850 (Os 7.0) and 9300 (Os 6.0) at that time menu language change as per device laguage.

Example :- My application language it German and device language is English so default menu (Close and Siwtch application ) show into English.

And into other device 9900 (Os 7.0),9800(Os 6.0),9320 (Os 7.0),8900(Os 5.0),9380 (Os 7.0)  the menu show as per below example

Example :- My application language it German and device language is English so default menu (Close and Siwtch application ) show into German.

I hope now you understand clear all thing.Let me know you need any more information??

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

To make sure i understand this, let me explain it back to you.

The problem is seen with the menu items that are automatically added, specifically, "Close" and "Switch Application".  These are normally added by the system at the end of the menu items. 

On some devices (for example, 9850 running OS 7.0), these menu items match the default that is set by the application, regardless of the locale set for the device. 

On other devices (for example, 9800 running OS 6.0), these menu items match the locale for the device, which is different to that set for the application. 

Correct?

Normally you just set the localization of the app to match the device, in which case you won't see the problem. 

I have only once implemented an application where I allowed the user to set the language for the application to be different to the device, and in this case I did not care about the menu items.  So I have never seen this problem.

Sorry, I may understand your problem now, but I have no answer - hopefully someone else does. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
shahumang8

Thanks Peter.

I hope it's system problem i am waiting for blackberry team reply.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

If you exit and open your application, are the menus updated?  Are your own localized strings updated correctly?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
shahumang8

Hi Mshom,

I use the perfect localized String.

FYI :-

Close and Switch Application comes default into Menu.So they take System language.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Mark was asking a different question.

Change the language in your application, then close the program (not just putting it to the background, actually make sure it is closed.  Now restart your program, it should still be using your changed language.  Are the menus still wrong?

Please use plain text.
Developer
shahumang8

Hello,

It's Os issue.

I confirm with BlackBerry Support team.

Please use plain text.