Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
rfwalker
My Device: Tour

TableLayoutManager + RadioButton won't let me select radio buttons in the group

Hi all, I am using the 

TableLayoutManager (love this manager) and calling code like such

TableLayoutManager colFMgr = 
        	new TableLayoutManager(new int[] {TableLayoutManager.USE_PREFERRED_SIZE,TableLayoutManager.FIXED_WIDTH}, 
                                Manager.USE_ALL_WIDTH | Manager.FOCUSABLE);    

colFMgr.add(new LabelField("Type:",Field.NON_FOCUSABLE | Field.FIELD_VCENTER | Field.FIELD_RIGHT));          
HorizontalFieldManager hfm = new HorizontalFieldManager(Field.FIELD_HCENTER | Field.FIELD_VCENTER | Field.FOCUSABLE);
hfm.add(noneRadioButton);
hfm.add(priRadioButton);
hfm.add(secRadioButton);	    	    

colFMgr.add(hfm);

// bunch more components added to colFMgr

add(colFMgr);

but I cannot select the radio buttons manually, hitting space or tracball does not

let me jump from one raio button to the next

now if I just place the radio buttons in a HorizontalFieldManager at the top, it works fine.

I added the  Manager.FOCUSABLE to the TableLayoutManager constructor thinking that would help but it did not. 

any ideas on how to fix this, very strange.  I want to use the TableLayoutManager to keep a consistent aligned look.

thanks

Contributor
rfwalker
My Device: Tour

Re: TableLayoutManager + RadioButton won't let me select radio buttons in the group

anyone? if i put a group of radiobuttons in a cell of a tablelayoutmanager, i cannot

select the radio buttons in the gui, my arrow keys in simulator won't select each

radio button and on the device itself I cannot select one other than the one that

has been selected by default

thanks

New Developer
vilastalewale
My Device: Not Specified

Re: TableLayoutManager + RadioButton won't let me select radio buttons in the group

hi

I am trying to add checkboxfield and LabelField on TableLayoutManager and it should look like a list view so how to get list view effect do you have any idea also to draw focus background .

Regardfs

Vilas

New Developer
arun_mg
My Device: Not Specified

try overriding drawFocus method.