Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
markmiller
My Device: Not Specified

Tableview not scrolling

I've got the table view sample that comes with the JDE running and the app has no problem scrolling through the set of data.  I've copied that sample over to my application and placed it into my field/manager heirarchy and it displays correctly but it doesn't allow me to scroll throught he list.  The only real difference that I can see is that in the sample app the field is added directly to the non scrolling screen.  In my case it's added to managers and some of those managers do allow scrolling.  Could this be the problem and if so how can I solve it?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
tommy20
My Device: Curve 9300, BB10 Dev Alpha C, Z10

Re: Tableview not scrolling

"In my case it's added to managers and some of those managers do allow scrolling."

Your description above is unclear: it (refer to your table) can't be added to more than one manager at the same time (you said 'managers').

As what you said, you may need to set NO SCROLL for the manager where you add the table to.
--tom
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markmiller
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Tableview not scrolling

All I ment was that instead of being placed directly on the screen it's about 6 managers deep.  I didn't realize that one of those managers was taking over the touchevent and handling them in an interesting way.  Once I realized that I was able to sort the problem out fairly easily.

Thanks for the help though

Please use plain text.