Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Team Foundation Server with Blackberry Project in Eclipse not synching correctly

I am using eclipse 3.5.2 with Team Foundation Everywhere plugin (TFS plugin).

I have several blackberry projects in my eclipse workspace which i have successfully added to TFS. However I have found that the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml is not being updated in TFS when i make changes to it.

For example when I change the name and version number of the application TFS see's no change in the file so when I check in the server version is still the old data. We are developing on several machines so having changes i do on my machine not propigate to the others is causing problems.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I can see from visual inspection of the .xml file that it is changing but why does TFS not considered it any different?

I have tried manually 'check out for edit' on the file, then change the name and check it back in. But it sees that there are no changes and disreguards my checkin.

Thanks,
Stephanie

Contributor

Re: Team Foundation Server with Blackberry Project in Eclipse not synching correctly

has nobody had problems with this before? Has anyone used TFS in eclipse and not had this happen? maybe I have things configured wrong?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Team Foundation Server with Blackberry Project in Eclipse not synching correctly

Hi Guys,

My boss asked me to look into deploying Team Foundation Server. I never really heard of it before but it looks like it's a newer version MS VS sourcesafe ? Anyway, i am looking for learning materials and can't see it find it anywhere? I guess it's too new, I found a few silo tutorials here but nothing official ? Is there courses developed by Microsoft ?

thanks a lot!