Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
vjkmr
My Device: 9900 - OS 7.0 Torch device
My Carrier: Reliance

Technical information of JIngu-Smiley App

Hi All

Does anybody ever seen Jingu-Smiley app which would be accessed through BBM. Once if user selected any smily images which would be copied to clipboard from where user can access to BBM to use.

Here  How does it could be possible without running the application in Background ? ie. accessing the application information from BBM ?. Can we access information of any thirdparty application to another third party app/device features called BBM.

Please let me get an awareness on this.

Note : Jingu-Smiley is Free app available in Appworld.

Please use plain text.
Developer
vjkmr

Re: Technical information of JIngu-Smiley App

Any updates on this !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

I don't really understand what you are asking, and I'm not familiar with the app you are referring to.

The clipboard is accessible to any java application. You can get or put an object using the Clipboard class.

See the javadocs.

Please use plain text.
Developer
vjkmr

Hi

Thanks for your replay !!

I have downloaded Jing-smiley application which contains all smilies to access through any application.

Here my question is : Can we access info of one app through another app ? If so, what are the possible areas we need to concentrate to develop such application.

please download the Jing-smiley application available in appworld as a free app.

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

You can add a global application menu item to the system menu - this menu item will appear on the menu of most applications. When selected, your application is called.

See ApplicationMenuItem and ApplicationMenuItemRepository for more info.

Please use plain text.
Developer
vjkmr

Hi
Thanks for your information !!

Still i have question. Do you want to me to start the application by implementing GlocalEventListener ? If we implement with this Global Applicatio menu Item, Can we restrict not to appear for selected application ? because I want to access my application only through few of the application not by all.

Can you be more explanative please.
Please use plain text.
Developer
maadani
My Device: 9700

Hi @vjkmr

Start your application as a background application.

On startup, register the applicaiton Menu Item instance with the relevant Id and/or application.

For example, if you wish to add your menu item to images, you can use something like this:

ApplicationMenuItemRepository.getInstance().addMenuItem(MENUITEM_FILE_EXPLORER, yourApplicationMenuItem, yourApplicationDescriptor ,"image/*")

Hope that helps,

E.

Please use plain text.