Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
joedfranc
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL in tour 9630

Hi

In my application i have an option to save the url of any web site say yahoo, google etc. In all the mobiles except Tour (9630) it is working.

In the tour device when i click on the link from my application,  an alert is showing like "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL".

In the direct browser i can browse any site. In aother mobiles like curve, bold etc.. are working fine.. In this tour from my application it is not going to any of the sites.  Please anyone help me to fix this problem

Thanks in advance

Joe

Please use plain text.
Developer
joedfranc

Re: The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL in tour 9630

hi all

I got the answer for this issue. The tour 9630 will not take the string which is appended to the web url.

we have to give the full url string.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abhigupta

Re: The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL in tour 9630

How to handle this issue if we have to put dynamic values in the URL string??? We don't have static values that we can put in the complete URL...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Stelios_ch
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: cyta vodafone

Hei some same issue heremam trying ton stream a radio on line but i got the error msg specified.. Is this an error from the station ,or this should be také care under blackberry issue. Note that the radio am trying to stream is working with windows mobile or when i am using my desktop pc. But from bb i got the msg specified. ,
Any help???
Is much appreciated. At least what is going on,just to know.

Thanks..
Please use plain text.