Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
aamitgupta
My Device: Not Specified

This is my first Post in BalckBerry Forum.

Hi All,

I am new in BlackBerry development, i want to know how can i start development? Before that i was working in Symbin C++ technology, i know J2ME. i installed JDE 4.5.0 in I have some questions pleae answer me.

1: What language support for development C++ or J2ME or Both? 

2: For development is that required any developer certificate for accessing in phone, so where can i get it?

3: I want to made application that handle call, incoming and outgoig call, so what API will use and it is public or Private?

4: Also read call log history how?

Thanks,

Amit

Please use plain text.
Developer
KeniF

Re: This is my first Post in BalckBerry Forum.

[ Edited ]

Hey man,

1) JDE is a mixture of J2ME and BlackBerry specific classes. You can develop C++ somewhere else as far as I know ...

2) You can run all classes in the simulator, but if you want to load them into a real device, you'll need the application to be signed. (search "code signing" on BB website)

3)http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/customview.html?func=ll&objId=348583 there's a lot of information on the knowledge database and I suggest you to have a look/search before you start/ask questions

4) I don't know (but refer to 3)

Message Edited by KeniF on 08-30-2008 02:25 PM
Please use plain text.
New Developer
aamitgupta

Thanks man for showing interest, as yous valuable link i got read log of mobile. One thing, how can i start development in JDE, made a midlet or simple jave file, because i do not want to make midlet, i want make it like service that works background in mobile it is possible and please refer me any document to how to work in JDE for aming first application. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
KeniF

Again, you should've done your research by searching the knowledge database / forums before asking!

searching "background application" on the database will get you some articles!

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: This is my first Post in Blackberry Forum.

Starting out with the plan to immediately create a background application is going to, in my opinion, get you into trouble.  A bit like running before you can walk.  I think you should work through the Developer Guide and the Labs so you understand how the BlackBerry hangs together, before you launch into a complex application.

Start here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/resources/

Please use plain text.
Developer
KeniF

Agreed. Try Hello World first?

At first I was like, "Where's my hello world? Is it running?" Turns out it's not been started :0

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
ttahir

Just want to add the official Getting Started link:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/started/

The Developer Video Library has a growing number of introductory and advanced videos as well:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/resources/videolibrary.jsp#tab_tab_introductory

The Hello World sample application is included with the JDE samples.jdw workspace (loaded by default when JDE is first started).

-Tariq

Please use plain text.