Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
sandeepkumar03
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Thumbnail Icon for Video and Audio Files

Hi All,

For images we can scale the image and use that as Icon and on the click on Icon, i can display the main Bitmap. 

Is it possible to do that for creating a video/audio gallary kind of stuff?

For Audio - I thought i can have same icon and text name. On click of that we can write the code to play the audio.

For Video - Example like Youtube. They have icon for each video which is a snapshot of somewhere from video. I am not sure if they seperatly store the icon by taking a snapshot while we upload video or something like that.

Is something similar possible to create in BB or we have to manually store the icons for each video or something like that,  so that user can scroll the icons and play the video .

Thanks,

Sandeep

Please use plain text.
Developer
sandeepkumar03

Re: Thumbnail Icon for Video and Audio Files

Checked in Storm simulator. Media -> Videos - Just displays the file name. And Explore displays a common icon for files. So i think its the OS behviour. (In Nokia we get thumbnails displayed for video files). And i don't think it would be advisable to store seperate icon for each video.

Please correct if my understanding is wrong.

Cheers,

Sandeep

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

It should not be any problem if you use the small icons. How many videos you will list at once.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Please use plain text.
Developer
sandeepkumar03

I haven't planned for too many videos. May be max 10. Then i think that suggestion is fine.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Please use plain text.
Developer
thanhbinh84

I see the thread is marked as resolved but I cannot find out any solution. :smileysad: You meant that you will use a snapshot from video for thumbnail of this video.

If so, could you share me the code to get snapshot from a video file.

One more thing, if the video has been never player before, the snapshot will automatically get the first screen (the black screen as usual). Is this

right?

Thank you,

Binh Nguyen 

Please use plain text.
Developer
sandeepkumar03

Hi Binh,

Sorry for inconvenience. For Nokia Phones it is handled by OS, so we dont have to worry about that. But in case of Blackberry, i think taking snapshot of each video is tedious process (You have to manually take a screen shot on desktop and use that as icon) ans also in case of video which has not been played before, its not possible.

So we could give a common icon for Video files and dont worry about the snapshot of video.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Please use plain text.
Developer
thanhbinh84

Thanks Sandeep,

I will create thumbnail for each video manually.

Regards,

Binh Nguyen

Please use plain text.