Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: ...

To take a picture, disconnect your device...

Hello,

I'm trying to debug our app which utilizes the camera app via the Invoke API. Yesterday I was able to use the JDE to connect to a device via USB and view printlns etc, both before, during and after taking pictures with the camera. Today when I try the same thing, with only small changes to the app, with the same device and development machine (WinXP in VirtualBox on OS X host), I get the message on the device "To take a picture, disconnect your device from your computer." and this prevents me from taking a picture.

What changed? This was working less than 24 hours ago, maybe there was a device OS update? How can I debug use of the camera with the Invoke API via USB cable?

There's no way I can take a picture and then plug the device in, to get to the JDE and connect it just takes far too long.

Thanks!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: To take a picture, disconnect your device...

Only 1 source can access a file system at a time.  That means if the device file system or micro SD card file system are being access by a PC as a USB mass storage device, the BlackBerry Smartphone will be unable to access that location.  This can prevent the camera from saving images to that location.

You can enable and disable mass storage mode in the options of your BlackBerry Smartphone.  The exact location will vary based on the version of BlackBerry Device Software you are using.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Re: To take a picture, disconnect your device...

Hi Mark

I am having this exact same problem and I cannot see where I can disable it??? I own a Blackberry Bold 9900.

Appreciate it if you could help me out.

Cheers - Sue