Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
YatinK
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

Tool Tip Customisation

Can i draw a Tool Tip like the image shown in link http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fd8175&s=6 i have tried as follows in link http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11011042/tooltip-customisation Please check and revert to me
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Tool Tip Customisation

as you have to draw the tooltip yourself on a low level (using graphics class) i would say it depends on your skills.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Contributor
YatinK

Can't i get a Customised class as solution for this answer

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain

sure, if you hire a developer this should be entirely possible.
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Contributor
YatinK

Can't i have a solution here done ??

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain

Not from me, i am not allowed to freelance, sorry. Maybe somebody else wants to code for you life in the forum, depends on what you offer i guess!
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
arkadyz
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

First of all, don't use the PopupScreen. User interaction will go there instead of the "tipped" field which is not what you want.

Second, search the forum for "tooltip" - you'll find quite a few discussions on the topic, many with additional links and good replies.

In brief, you need a custom screen to which you add your fields. There needs to be a mechanism to somehow attach a tooltip descriptor to a field. Fortunately, you can associate any object with one using setCookie (and retrieve it using getCookie). The screen can implement a focus listener and track which field inside it has the focus currently. If the field with focus has a tooltip descriptor associated with it, the screen can take the position of the focus (getFocusRect), calculate how much room does the tooltip need, position it, set alpha to desired value and paint the tooltip on top of everything (after calling super.paint).

I hope that's enough food for though for now.

Good luck!

please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Please use plain text.