Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Top Sites to Sell your software

Hi Everyone.

I was curious which sites are the top recommended sites to sell your application on? About 2 weeks ago I filled out a form for Handango and never heard back from them despite two follow up emails. I never got a chance to describe my application to them, I simply filled out my contact information and was told via an automated response that I would hear from them within 2 business days, which never happened.

Anyone know of any other sites that are reputable and not so painful to start the process of selling an application?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input. 

Developer

Re: Top Sites to Sell your software

Does the app need to talk to a server? You could consider subscription/pay-per-use or even ad support

with a free download. If you have a server it probably isn't hard to use pay pal or even accept credit cards

but you would need some way to get people to find you.

I don't really have an answer, just trying to start a thread :smileyhappy:

New Developer

Thanks for the input marc, I do appreciate it. The app I'm currently working on doesn't require a server to talk to. I'm creating my own site to sell it but, I just need the traffic (as you mentioned). I already registered and have an account with Google Checkout (they're free as opposed to paypal). I have registered with a few sites as a developer that already have the traffic (handango, handmark, pdatopsoft, etc...), but none have gotten back to me as yet. 

I was hoping that someone has experience with registering and starting up with some of these sites that I could get some advice and/or suggestions from on how to get started myself. 

Developer

The model which only works for us so far :

- distribute for free a trial or demo application

- to activate it, request the user to go with a payment/authorization from your server and use the server to unlock the app.

I am waiting to see the BB app store... Should be available in the 1Q/2009....

New Developer

I'm waiting for the BB store myself. Where do you host the downloads? On your own server? How are you getting traffic to your server?