Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
mic331
My Device: Not Specified

Tour 9630 keyboard lock issues

I have been able to keyboard unlock a phone by simulating the * and Send key presses. On the Tour 9630 with 5.0 firmware, this no longer works (while it still works on the Bold2). While I don't know why the key stroke was removed I now have two problems-

1) How to unlock the keyboard with input simulation using the KEY_LOCK - I tried this without success

2) I have also noticed that the ApplicationManager.getApplicationManager().isSystemLocked() returns false even where the keyboard was locked using the lock key on the top left hand corner.

Has someone succeeded to unlock the phone using the KEY_LOCK?

Is there in fact a bug with the isSystemLocked call on this device and firmware?

Help would be appreciated

New Developer
mic331
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Tour 9630 keyboard lock issues

I have in fact succeeded to unlock the keyboard using the KEY_LOCK simulation. The question that remains is why the isSystemLocked call is returning me false where the keyboard has been locked via the lock key on the top lef hand corner of the phone.

Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10

i have the same issue with the latest OS5 releases.

I can no longer unlock using key injection.

i think RIM might have disabled this feature.

Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook

There are several threads that state this only works with the password set, but should be fixed in the newer 5.0 builds.