Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

TreeField on Blackberry Bold (4.6.0)

Hi, All

I am working on a TreeField rendering on Blackberry Bold (4.6.0). After I create an instance of the TreeField and add child nodes to this instance, the functionality works fine but I find some issues in the look of the tree: the + and - signs (indicating the parent node can be expanded or already be expanded) are alway cut-off from the bottom. Can anyone who has successful experience in rendering TreeField give me some advice about what to look into or any good references?

Thanks

Nelson

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: TreeField on Blackberry Bold (4.6.0)

You can find an example here:

How To - Add a TreeField to a device screen
Article Number: DB-00416

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800505/800345/...

I tried it on a BlackBerry Bold and it looked fine.  If you continue to have issues can you post a screen shot of what you see along with a code snippet of your TreeField?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hi, Mark

Thanks a lot for your reply. Any ideas how we can post an image from the local drive? The 'insert image' from this web page seemingly can only insert an image from an URL instead of a path in the local drive. I hope to paste a snapshot of how it looks in my application, as I followed the example but the renderring on Bold still has cut-off in the '+'/'-' sign in the tree field.

Thanks

Nelson

My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

You'll need to place the image on a webserver before posting it here.  There are free image posting services that you can use for this.
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker