Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
tompson
My Device: Bold

Troubles with Eclipse JDE Plugin

First I have to say that I am really happy that there is an Eclipse plugin for BlackBerry Java development. I am using it now for four months and it seems like it has some troubles:

I am developing an application with two entry points. From time to time (in case to often) I get the following warning message in the BlackBerry Builder window:

[wtkrapc] Warning!: No entry points found
[wtkrapc] Warning!: No definition found for exported static routine: .main(String[])

It seems that the EntryFor configuration somehow gets removed from the JDP file. After cleaning, rebuilding, restarting adding the EntryFor, opening the properties dialog and changing something everything compiles again. But it seems like there is no logic why this happens and why it works again.

Does anybody know this problem?
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Troubles with Eclipse JDE Plugin

If this occurs again, please send the .log and .log-eide files from the .metadata directory of your workspace to betadebsupport@rim.com and we can investigate the issue further.
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
tompson

ok I will do that, maybe you could help me with two other problems:

- the JDE plugin changes my .project and .classpath files every time I change something in the BlackBerry project settings. it adds a linkedResource for the src directory. I get a src1 and then a src2 and so on ... I remove them every time but the keep coming again and again - this is a bit frustrating

- I have the huge problem that I get the following error from rapc when trying to populate:

I/O Error: Cannot run program "jar": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

after adding another class to the project. I remove the class and everything works fine again. It does not matter which class I add or where - it seems like there is a limit in size or count of classes? 

I am not able to finish my project because I can not add any new classes ... 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
tompson

the interesting thing is that do not get the error if I open the same project with the JDE
Please use plain text.
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

We are aware of a similar ismue that can be caused by a workspace path that contains spaces.  If yours does, please try moving it to a different location.

If not, please send the same log files and report the issue to betadevsupport@rim.com.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
fr4gus
My Device: Bold, Curve

I've seen this issues on my Eclipse Ganymede and JDE plugin for 4.5

My project has 3 separated folder for source (one for actual source code, one for images and another for sounds)

My classpath file has something like:

<classpathentry kind="src" path="src"/>
<classpathentry kind="src" path="img"/>
<classpathentry kind="src" path="sound"/>

<classpathentry kind="src" path="img"/>

<classpathentry kind="src" path="sound"/>

But every time I start up Eclipse, I got modified my classpath file has only

As source code path. And then I see created folder under /src for /img and /sound.
The linked resources I was able to "fix it", by disabling linked resources on Eclipse at

Franklin Garcia
Senior Software Java Developer
Schematic
Costa Rica
Please use plain text.