Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
BBJDev
My Device: Not Specified

Two HomiScreen

Hi All,

Is there any way programatically I can detect the two homescreens. I am stuck in this.

The first home screen is where 1or 2 or 3 rows of icon appears and which shows the background image(wallpaper).

The second homescreen appears after clicking on the first homescreen where 4 rows of icon appears(including download icon, game icon, setup icon etc..)

I need to differenciate between these two screens.

Pls show me some way. Any clue or any idea will be fruitful to me.

My thinking : if I can explore set focus option or count the number of icons in both screens or can identify the wallpaper.

Thanks,

New Developer
BBJDev

Re: Two HomiScreen

Hi Experts,

Pls through some light on this topic. Need your help.

Thanks,

Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1418, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

There is only 1 homescreen, the screen is just presented differently. The difference can not be tracked (there is no way to get theme information right now so you can't check the theme for how many rows are available).

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Developer
hades_6

When you say homescreen, you are referring to the home screen of your application right? Can you tell me what you are trying to accomplish exactly?

Developer
zany
My Device: Storm

Hi BBJdev,

I am not clear. can you please explain me cleary. Are you having 2 different screens or having 1 screen displaying different set of icons in it?

with regards,
Vignesh J

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to mark your post as solved if you get the answer and dont forget to give kudos if the answer is useful for you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Developer
BBJDev

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I am talking about BlackBerry storm.  Generally, it has two homescreens.

The first home screen has less number of icons. In this scrren you can actually set the icon preference(number of rows)

and this screen has wallpaper(background screen). When We click on this screen It goes to the secong HomeScreen.

The secon HomeScreen has 4 rows of icons.

Now I need to deferentiate thiese two screen programatically.

Need input from this forum.

First.JPGsecond.JPG

Thanks,

Developer
zany
My Device: Storm

Hi BBJDev,

Till i was not clear, also images are not visible in firefox and IE. But i think i got the outlook of what you are expecting. If it is wrong, please let me know. I aasuming that you are having 2 different custom screens and have to identify which screen was on top when you are clicking. Is is correct?

with regards,
Vignesh J

Don't forget to mark your post as solved if you get the answer and dont forget to give kudos if the answer is useful for you.
New Developer
BBJDev

Hi All,

I need to display a clock on the homescreen where there is 2 row or 3 row of icons available.

But the problem is it appears on the screen where we have 4 row of Icons in homescreen, it comes in Game folder, in Application folder, in Setup folder - as my application is guessing all these folders as homescreen.

ApplicationDescriptor descriptors[] = manager.getVisibleApplications() ;
if(descriptors[0].getLocalizedName().equals("Home Screen".trim())){   

//.....

}

Pls give me some hint to find out a solution.

Thanks,

Biplab