Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
rmainprize
My Device: 9000 Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Unable to Connect to Bluetooth Device with BluetoothSerialPortDemo

I am trying to connect my ZOMM handsfree device via bluetooth to my BlackBerry by running the BluetoothSerialPortDemo sample that came with JDE 5.0.  The device is paired with my BB and is the only one on the list of paired devices.

When I run the sample app is states "No bluetooth serial ports available for connection."  The ZOMM device has been paired and is first in the list and turned on right next to the BB.  When I go into Bluetooth Connections manually I can connect to the device, just not through the sample app.

Will it not connect because perhaps the device does not use SPP?  If not how to connect via something other than serial port protocol?  Seems like must devices support it.  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Unable to Connect to Bluetooth Device with BluetoothSerialPortDemo

That sample requires the device support the Bluetooth Serial Port Profile.  You can connect to other profiles using the JSR-82 APIs.  There are a number of samples on the web that show how to use those APIs (they are not BlackBerry specific).

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.