Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
divit

Unable to create a new application

Hi all

I am beginner i wanted to excute a sample application so i create and executed a 4 sample application(created .codfile-for all the 4 application ) after that when i tried to cretae 5 application it just created a folder (5h application folder,java class file ) but it did not create .cod file (when i click on RUN -to run application on simulator),please can any one suggest me how to slove this problem

I am uisng BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.0.0.67 on Windows XP

Regards

Divya

Please use plain text.
Developer
myraddin

Re: Unable to create a new application

Could you describe your problem once more and giving more details instead of using numbers ?

"Listen carefully, I shall say this only once"
Please use plain text.
Developer
divit

unable to create a new application .cod file (sucessfully creates new application folder in workspace but will not create .cod file ,when i try to RUN on simulator the application will not be available )

Please can i knw how to create a .cod file for an application becoz i may be following wrong step for createing it

Please use plain text.
Developer
jMarc

Please, Divya, you are not giving enough information. I assume 4 means the "StoringPersitentData" demo and 5 the "NetworkConnection" demo.  But what steps did you use to get from one to the other? In general, we may not be able to help you find out what went wrong if you don't tell us what you were doing.

But I'll take a guess: when you loaded the NetworkConnection demo, did you import the workspace file (.jdw) or just one of the project files (.jdp)?

The NetworkConnection demo has two application projects and a resource bundle for localization; the resource bundle shows up as six more projects.  You didn't mention all those extra projects, so I'm guessing you imported just a .jdp. That does not bring in the resource bundle, so you get no .cod.  Actually, I'm surprised it even compiled.

The demos are designed to be standalone and don't always play nice together.  Try again, but import the .jdw.  You'll get a warning that you'll blow away any other projects in your workspace.  If that bothers you, switch to a new, empty, workspace and do the import there.

Please use plain text.
Developer
divit

[ Edited ]

my problem in simply, unable to create .cod file for a blackberry application

created the "HelloWorld" app by following the developer tutorial "Writing your first application"

I finished the code and there were no errors within it so to the Run tab at the top and then Run. After i clicked it, it started to load and which simulator i would like to use the Blackberry Simulator or the JAVA one so i clicked the blackberry simulator

Simulator displayed and i went to apps (applications) in simulator but there the application(HelloWorld) was not available and aslo i saw in the project folder even there .cod,.rapc,.jdw,.jar,and .jad file was not created  .

i am using JDE to develop the HelloWorld application

please help me i think so much information is enough if more required please let me know

Please use plain text.
Developer
nirmalsat

[ Edited ]

You mentioned that u had created 4 other apps right. Are you able to see those applications in the simulator ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click the Kudos! badge on left side of the message , if you are happy with a solution given by a user. When you do so, you are saying thanks to its author.
Mark a reply as a solution , if you think your question has been answered.
To mark a message as a solution: Click "Accept as solution" icon on the reply.
Please use plain text.
Developer
divit

[ Edited ]

Yesthe other 4 application is available on simulator but if any changes made to those applictaion ist not refelcting in simulator

Please use plain text.
Developer
nirmalsat

Right click on each of the projects and see if ' Activate for Blackberry " is checked. Its just a guess , though If its not then , that could be the reason y changes to those applications is  not being reflected in the simulator. As for ur main problem , i dont know y its not being created..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click the Kudos! badge on left side of the message , if you are happy with a solution given by a user. When you do so, you are saying thanks to its author.
Mark a reply as a solution , if you think your question has been answered.
To mark a message as a solution: Click "Accept as solution" icon on the reply.
Please use plain text.
Developer
aditya_BB

If u r familiar with Eclipse, i suggest you to use Eclipse Plugin...

If ur using JDE, check

Project -> Set Active Projects.

check which projects are marked as active.

Make sure demo u r trying to run is marked as active.

Now select the demo which u want to build in Files Explorer window.

from  Build select Build menu option.

Now u can see comments generated in the console (Build window ).

That will tell u if the build is successfully or not ?

---

Aditya.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jMarc

Sorry, I seem to have misunderstood the problem.

divit wrote:

created the "HelloWorld" app by following the developer tutorial "Writing your first application"

I finished the code and there were no errors within it so to the Run tab at the top and then Run. After i clicked it, it started to load and which simulator i would like to use the Blackberry Simulator or the JAVA one so i clicked the blackberry simulator

Simulator displayed and i went to apps (applications) in simulator but there the application(HelloWorld) was not available and aslo i saw in the project folder even there .cod,.rapc,.jdw,.jar,and .jad file was not created  .

When you finished the code and there were no errors did you then click "Build Active BlackBerry Projects" or hit "Alt+B"?  That is the step that builds the .cod file.

Please use plain text.