Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
developing
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to hit webservice using pearl

Hi, We developed an application which uses a webservice and gets an static xml as response. It was working fine in the simulator. When tried with the real device, it's not at all hitting the webservice and we are getting the error message within a second. We compiled the same code in 4.7 and tried in storm. it was working fine in storm. Kindly help me resolve the issue. Do i need to change any settings?? I even checked the permission for this application and it was allow for all three options. thanks.  
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Unable to hit webservice using pearl

what error message do you get?
i would guess your network connection mechanics are wrong. maybe the sticky thread can help you
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
developing

Hi, The problem got resolved. The problem is that i was not using thread. Now it's fine. But my question is why the simulator and device are out of sync?
Developer
BBDeveloper

I feel it because the application running environment is different. Simulator runs on the computer.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer
mantaker
My Device: Torch 9810

Agree with BBDeveloper, Whatever the blocking operation is done in the simulator, mind that it is running on a Computer, where you have lot of memory and processing speed...

Cheers.. 

--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,
Equity Markets Research Group