Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
Kamran
My Device: Bold 9000

Unable to install Blackberry JDE plugin on Windows 7 RTM

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've got Windows 7 x64 RTM, and when I launch the JDE installer it keeps giving me the following message

"Please select another location to extract the installer to:"

I've tried various folders, and also run the app as Administrator, all to no avail.

Any ideas?

Regards

Kamran

Message Edited by Kamran on 09-30-2009 09:10 AM
Message Edited by Kamran on 10-01-2009 01:54 AM
Please use plain text.
New Developer
srinivasmcs
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Unable to install Blackberry JDE plugin on Windows 7 RTM

I was also tried to install BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.0.0.67 in Windows 7 OS, but won't install, any other way to install BB JDE in windows 7 OS.

Please use plain text.
Developer
weaselgrater

I have issues with Blackberry JDE Plugin Full 1.1.2.201..... on Windows Vista 32Bit

Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

weaselgrater,

Which one are you trying to install (JDE or Plug-in) and where are you trying to install it?

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
weaselgrater

BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.1.2.201003212304-12.exe

Its the Plugin for Eclipse, at least I think it is! I tried to install it in a fresh 3.5 Eclipse and then tried it on a 3.4 Eclipse. I tried the Eclipse parent directories as well as their plugin directories.

Please use plain text.
Developer
weaselgrater

[ Edited ]

What size is your BlackBerry JDE Plugin in bytes? I have tried all of your steps, and am logged into an administrative account specifically for the purpose of following your steps. However, when I point the installer to C:\eclipse it doesn't do anything.

Mine is 263,625,089 bytes. The reason I am asking is because when downloading with Firefox the first time, the download completed at only 968 kilobytes and it ran! Firefox didnt notify me that the download failed. I'm guessing it didn't know the total size. The second attempt it yielded 263,625,089 bytes. I am trying for a third time! I hope it matches whatever you have

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aurelien0306

I've got the same problem on windows Vista.

After starting install Blackberry JDE Plugin Full, it asks me to choose another target directory. But no directory suits to it, on partitions or in the same directory as eclipse or eclipse\plugins

Has someone been successful fixing that ? 

thanks

Please use plain text.