Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
douglasb
My Device: Bold 9900 - BB10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: O2, Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Unable to request signatures until this application has been registered...

I am trying to codesign my first app that has required it.  I have got the csi files from RIM and registered them without any problems, but when I go into the Signature tool, choose the .cod that needs signing and click request I get this error.  What does it mean, and how would I go about registering my application with the signing authorities.  The user guide talks about finding the .cod files and then double clicking on them to attach the signatures (csl files), but on my PC, the .cod extension has been associated with MS Visual Studio which clearly isn't a lot of use in this process.  Anybody able to help?

Thanks,

Douglas

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Unable to request signatures until this application has been registered...

Send description of your problem to devsupport@rim.com
Please use plain text.
New Developer
zechariahs
My Device: Not Specified

I'm running into this same issue.  I have received my three .CSI files, and I have signed them successfully.  But, when I open Eclipse and go to BlackBerry >> Request Signatures, then I select the appropriate record in the table and click the "Request Signatures" button I get the error: "Unable to request signatures until this application has been registered..."

If anyone has any information I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
douglasb

OK.  I have managed to get this one sussed (well sort of).  Firstly, I am running vista and installed a Visual Studio component after installing the JDE.  This re-assigned the file association for .cod files and however much I tried to re-install the JDE, it didn't get put back.  Vista is a bit obtuse in that the sensible file association process that used to be possible on XP (the file types tab under folder options) no longer exists and it is only possible from the GUI to assign a file type to an executable, not a complex command line.  Apparently there are tools that do let you do it, or you can resort to changing registry settings.  Good luck!

The compounding problem is that I have also installed both the JDE and the eclipse plug in on the same machine and it appears that they both have their own version of the signature tool.  Because I installed the JDE last, when I double clicked on the .csi files, the code signing certificate and key has been placed in the bin directory of the JDE.  The eclipse plug in code signing tool doesn't see that it is there and therfore tells me that it has not been registered.  I can't for the life of me find out where the eclipse plug in signaturetool.jar is to try and fix this, so I have given up.

However, I can now sign my applications.  All I have had to do is to create a shortcut on my desktop to run the JDE version of the signaturetool.jar and then when it opens, navigate to the location of the .cod files in the eclipse workspace and voila, I can sign the cod's.

One day I might just rebuild PC with XP and only install the eclipse plug in, but then I will have the nightmare of migrating the signature registration.  Hang it.  I'll just stick with what is working.

Enjoy.

Douglas

Please use plain text.
New Developer
douglasb

BTW, Tbilisoft, I'm not sure if your contribution is to get your post numbers up, but I thought the point of a support forum was to generate a knowledgebase of solutions to issues that would reduce the workload of the support organisation?
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

The BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse stores the SignatureTool.jar and keys in the following directory.

Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack#.#.#_#.#.#.##\components\bin

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
zechariahs

Thanks for your response but I've figured out the problem in the meantime, with a little help from the BB Support.

I have the JDE Eclipse Plug-In AND the stand-alone JDE installed.  When I signed my keys, all the necessary files where placed in the BIN directory of the stand-alone JDE.  Once I copied the appropriate files into the plug-in\bin directory, everything was smooth sailing.

One thing I noticed about the  SigTool (from inside Eclipse) is that the records are red if the keys can't be found, blue if the keys are found but the application hasn't been registered.

Please use plain text.
Developer
olubeck

Hi All...

I'm having same problem but in reverse.. I started with Eclipse and now going to BB JDE.

Can someone tell me exactly what files were copied?

I see SignatureTool.jar, sigtool.set and sigtool.bat in the bin directories.

I also see a .cso and a .csl in the Eclipse project directory

Olaf

Please use plain text.
New Developer
TungstenX
My Device: Bold

My problem was that I have the standalone JDE installed on M$ Vista.  Vista saves files that an application creates in the user's AppData folder, not the Program Files/... folder.  Thus by coping the sigtool.csk and sigtool.db from

C:\Users\TungstenX\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.6.1\bin\

to

c:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.6.1\bin\

and ran the SignatureTool.jar, all worked :smileyhappy:

There is no sex in your violence
Please use plain text.