Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Uncaught Exception: Application {Appname}(###) is not responding; process terminated

Hi there,

a custom application is crashing when the user is scrolling down the screen, this seems to be due to the a,amount of different controls the user is scrolling over. The controls are Editfields with a INTEGER filter applied and normal input edit fields.

I see when I swipe the track pad aggressively vertically, the process is struggling. The [123] box that appears in the top right Conner flashes extensively, the app then stalls, closes and the following error appears. Uncaught Exception: Application {Appname}(###) is not responding; process terminated.

There are 100 edit fields on the page every second one has a filter.

I look forward to any help.

Thank you.

All Replies
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Uncaught Exception: Application {Appname}(###) is not responding; process terminated

welcome to the support forum.

usually this issue is related to heavy processing on the event thread, see http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/What-is-the-Event-Thread/ta-p/446865
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Uncaught Exception: Application {Appname}(###) is not responding; process terminated

I agree with SImon that the problem is most likely Event Thread related, the question is what processing is happening?

In this case it seems that the swipe processing has in fact caused each EditField to become focused.  Since every second one has the filter, this is why you see the 123 flashing.

Bit this acquiring focus seems unusual.  If you use the touch screen and just swipe, my experience is that focus doesn't actually shift, until you 'tap' on the Field you wish to select. 

So if you are seeing this sort of activity, then I would try to figure out why - do you have some sort of scroll listener in place?  In addition, you should look at the onFocus and onUnfocus processing for your EditFields.