Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
sabulkalamazad
My Device: 9381
My Carrier: Vodafone

Uncaught Exception: net_rim_bb_phone_app(84) is not responding process terminated in Blackberry 8310.

Hi,

I am developing a call log application that is after call disconnected, I fetch the last call details ans send to the server.

But My application shows Error dialog

"Uncaught Exception: Uncaught Exception: net_rim_bb_phone_app(84) is not responding process terminated"

in Blackberry 8310.

I use

public class CallLog implements PhoneListener{

public void callDisconnected(int callId) {
		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
		PhoneLogs _logs = PhoneLogs.getInstance();
		int count=_logs.numberOfCalls(PhoneLogs.FOLDER_NORMAL_CALLS);
		PhoneCallLog phoneLog = (PhoneCallLog)_logs.callAt(count-1,PhoneLogs.FOLDER_NORMAL_CALLS);
		PhoneCallLogID pclID=phoneLog.getParticipant();
		//phoneLog.getDate().
		String callType="";

if(phoneLog.getType()==PhoneCallLog.TYPE_MISSED_CALL_OPENED || phoneLog.getType()==PhoneCallLog.TYPE_MISSED_CALL_UNOPENED) callType="MissedCall Opened";
		if(phoneLog.getType()==PhoneCallLog.TYPE_RECEIVED_CALL) callType="Incoming";
		if(phoneLog.getType()==PhoneCallLog.TYPE_PLACED_CALL){
			if(phoneLog.getDuration()>0)
				callType="Outgoing";
			else
				callType="NoAnswer";
		}

String callLogString="imei=";
		String imei="";
		if(DeviceInfo.isSimulator()){
			imei+="000000000000000";
			callLogString+=imei;
		}
		else{
			imei+=GPRSInfo.imeiToString(GPRSInfo.getIMEI());
			callLogString+=imei.substring(0,6)+imei.substring(7,9)+imei.substring(10,16)+imei.substring(17);
		}

Calendar c = Calendar.getInstance(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));
		c.setTime(phoneLog.getDate());
		c.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));
		SimpleDateFormat sdfTime =new SimpleDateFormat("HH:mm:ss");
		SimpleDateFormat sdfDate =new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd");

callLogString+="&da="+sdfDate.format(c);
		callLogString+="&ti="+sdfTime.format(c);
		callLogString+="&ph="+pclID.getNumber();
		callLogString+="&type="+callType;
		callLogString+="&lat="+lastLat;
		callLogString+="&lan="+lastLog;
		callLogString+="&b="+DeviceInfo.getBatteryLevel();
		callLogString+="&du="+phoneLog.getDuration();

System.out.println(callLogString);
	}

}

What is the reason for this error and also let me know the solution for this problem.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Uncaught Exception: net_rim_bb_phone_app(84) is not responding process terminated in Blackberry 8310.

1) You are running in a Listener. 

2) You are not running in your own application, you are actually running in he Phone application. And

3) I suspect this listener is running on the Event Thread. 

So that is 3 reasons why you should not attempt to send details to the Server in this code, because:

1) You are blocking this Listener and so any other processing that this Listener might do

2) If you crash, you bring down someone else's application

3) If you block the Event Thread your process will get thrown out with a not responding message. 

Instead, capture the details and send them in separate (and non Event Thread) code. 

You might want to you save them and then start a Thread to send the data.  I would not recommend you do this, because this Thread will be running in the Phone Application.  Instead you need to pass this collected data to your application, and have your application send the data to your Server.  This means there is very little of your code running in the Phone Application, so less chance of you screwing up the phone - your users won't thank you if you do this!

The best way to get this sort of data to your application for processing is to use a Global Event.  have a look at this KB article:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Global-Events-and-Global-Event-Listeners/ta-...

Please use plain text.