Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
haoransd
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Uncaught exception: Application myapplication(253) is not responding; process terminated.

I recently experience "Uncaught exception: Application myapplication(253) is not responding; process terminated." on Bold.  myapplication here indicates the application name i made.

could anyone tell me what may cause this problem? I appreciate it. My application is almost launched!

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Uncaught exception: Application myapplication(253) is not responding; process terminated.

This occurs when your application event queue fills. The usual reason for this is that you are holding the event thread for too long. For example, you are performing some CPU-intensive work like oprganizing some data structures from a method in some GUI component.

When this issue occurs, the OS will force a stack trace dump for all running applications. You need to recover the event log on the device and locate the stack trace for your application. Once you do this, you will likely identify the offending code that is hogging the processor.

Once you identify the offending code, you either need to modify it so that the event thread is not being monopolized, or possibly isolate the procedure in it's own thread so that the event thread can return to the system dispatcher.

Please use plain text.