Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: blackberry mobiles
My Carrier: app development

Uncaught exception:application is not responding.process is terminated-9800 and bold 9700

Hello Friends,

when i run my application in the device 9800 and 9700 the application suddenly terminated and showing this alert message "Uncaught exception:application is not responding.process is terminated". My app size is 10 mb. Can anyone help me to solve this.

Regards,

Lakshmanan

Developer
My Device: BB TORCH & 9800
My Carrier: idea

Re: Uncaught exception:application is not responding.process is terminated-9800 and bold 9700

I noticed that when app size reaches to 6-7 mb it will show such error. try to reduce it by deleting the unwanted images/files. May i know why the app is that much size?.
* Give kudos when you like it
* Mark it as a solution if it fixes your issue
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Uncaught exception:application is not responding.process is terminated-9800 and bold 9700

usually this exception means that the application is no longer able to process events as you blocked the event thread.
make sure that networking or other blocking operations are done on separate threads.

see
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/What-is-the-Event-Thread/ta-p/446865
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Trusted Contributor
My Device: blackberry mobiles
My Carrier: app development

tklanilkumar,

Thanks for your reply. In our app there are several modules. Each module size is near 2-3 mb. Each module acts as a seperate app.Client wants us to integrate all modules in a single application.Thats why its size is above 10 mb.Any other way to solve this problem.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

As Simon says, it is more likely that this problem is an issue with the code than a size problem.