If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
varon_juan
My Device: Developer- 9800, 9780, 9300, 9700, 9105, 9900, 9360
My Carrier: Wind

Unified Search framework - recovering the registry token

Hello to all!

I'm currently working on an application ( 6.0 ) which handles contacts that can be downloaded at runtime, anytime the user wants to do so. and these contacts have to be available through the unified search framework.

I am able to add the contacts the first time without any problem (after registering the EntityBasedSearchable instance, through the 'load()' method call. )     But once I close my application, if I then start again, if the user downloads more contacts and I want to add them to the search framework, I need to get the registration token, returned when registering the EntityBasedSearchable instance, but I can't seem to find a way to retrieve it.

I have read the development guide: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/17953/Unified_search_1198034_11.jsp

I know how to retrieve my registered EntityBasedSearchable instance. But if I want to use add, update elements, or even unregister my searchable implementation, through the AppContentManager methods, I need to have the registration token.

I'm not able to save it in the persistant store, as it does not implement the persistable interface..

Any ideas on how to retrieve these object (the registry token) or retain it? .. maybe I have misunderstood something through out the guide. Any help is greately appreciated.

Regards to all!

Juan

Please use plain text.