Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Unit Testing for Blackberry Applications

I already know the basics of a Blackberry Application. Does anyone know any Unit Testing Library for Blackberry Development. Something like JUnit.

Thank you.

Developer
My Device: Passport

Re: Unit Testing for Blackberry Applications

I personaly use J2MEUnit, with a custom-written test-runner UI for BlackBerry.  The main caveat is that you have to run your unit tests in the simulator.  For details, look for the DevCon'10 presentations and find the one identified as "COM12".  (Or look at the LogicMail source code, where I also have a copy of the code.)

Contributor

I wonder if the J2MEUnit will not have any problem dealing with rim classes.  Will check those presentations and see how it goes.

Developer
My Device: Passport

Works fine for me.  Remember, you're running this inside the simulator, so all of those classes are available and usable.

Contributor

Gotcha. I think for the next releases of the development platform Unit Testing should be a standard practice.

Developer
My Device: Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

I use Bunit and it works fine . here is the link to it http://sourceforge.net/projects/b-unittesting/