Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Unread message count displayed as 2 instead of 1

The double notification indicator has been fixed in BlackBerry handheld software version 4.5.0 and higher.  Are you seeing it in 4.5.0+?
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ftoure
My Device: Not Specified

I confirm that it displays 1 with the JDE 4.5 simulator, but still displays 2 with the 8330 (4.3) simulator. I thought it was the same OS since OS 4.4 will never be released. For the previous releases, since it sounds like this will not be fixed, I will display the message as "Read" since this doesn't increase the counter.

Regards,

ftoure

Please use plain text.
New Developer
rohit_kumbhar
My Device: Not Specified

Mark,

This is probably not an appropriate question here but do you think/know that 4.5/4.6 would be on consumer devices (the one's actually sold by ATT etc) soon? Soon as in 6 months or so?

I read your post somewhere that the cod file format differs frm 4.3 and 4.5 so developers taking care of not using 4.5 specific API wouldn't help on user devices. Can you release a patch or something where the application developers can point to and say install this and the problem will be fixed. Or is there any programmatic(?) workaround for this problem?

Regards

Rohit
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

There will not be a patch for this issue.  Please contact your carrier (AT&T in this case) for information on software release dates.  The carrier's choose the dates for when they release software for their customers.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.