Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Nelvin
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Use signaturetool with the sigtool.db/csk in a separate path

Hi,

is it possible to call the signaturetool from the commandline and add a path to the required files as a parameter?

The reason is, I have multiple projects, supporting multiple OS versions and I usually have all the tools required (net_rim_api, rapc etc.) inside the projects, so I don't need to install each JDK when I switch the workstation but I'd prefer to have the sensitive signature files at only one secure place (outside the project directory).

It's only a minor issue but maybe there's a solution?

Michael

Developer
mreed
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Re: Use signaturetool with the sigtool.db/csk in a separate path

[ Edited ]

I believe it expects the DB and CSK to be in the same directory as the sigtool JAR and there are no paramerters to switch that... but since you can use the the same sigtool for each platform you don't need to copy it into each of your projects like you are doing with RAPC.

Developer
Nelvin

Thanks for your fast reply ... are you sure about this? Honestly so far I had used the signaturetool from the 4.6 sdk for my builds. But as I'm updating one of my games for the OS7 devices I thought it may be a good idea to eventually "fix" this and use the tool matching the rest of the SDK.

What I noticed is, the signaturetool.jar has different sizes for various SDKs - but maybe that's only due to RIM do some maintenance work on the code and compile/package it with newer JDKs but without changing the functionality?

Developer
mreed
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

The part that actually signs the COD files is all the same. Like you said, they may have done some maintance work on the tool itself, but the signing not changed. We use a single JAR for every platform... I think the last time we updated our JAR was in 4.3.0 when they added the password to the command line.

Developer
Nelvin

Great, thanks for your help.