Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Using ListField to mimic global inbox UI

I am trying to make a screen that looks like a mail inbox.  With a message type field separated with a day headline whenever a message is in a new day.  Would using a ListField control be the best way to do this?  Any recommendations.

These messages aren't emails or anything, just a way to organize notes, etc.

All Replies
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Using ListField to mimic global inbox UI

It would be a good start, though you would have to artificially insert 'day headlines' into the list of items to be displayed and format these differently, and make sure you menu items did not work on these entries.

It would also be possible to have multiple ListFields each separated with something like a LabelField which was the day heading, this gets over the problem above but makes your screen more complicated. 

I would go with your suggestion as a good first start and see how you get on.

My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Using ListField to mimic global inbox UI

the native screen does not use multiple fields but inserts the title bar objects in between the mails.
if you use a simplesortingvector as the underlying construct and implement it to sort mail objects as well as title bar objects you should have no problems, you could also populate a second vector from a sorted vector containing only mails and add the title bar objects accordingly.
your drawlistrow has 2 drawbitmap (exclaimation mark and the different mail symbols) followed by two drawtext methods with ellipsis style.
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter