Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
JoshBB
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Using old Signature Keys with BB10

Hi,

I used to develop apps for older BB OS (e.g. OS 7). Can I use the old Signature Keys to sign BB10 apps?

If the answer is yes, where do I find my .csj files?

If the answer is no, and I need to request new keys, will I still be able to use the old Signature Keys to develop apps for older BB OS?

Thanks!

Developer
peter_strange

Re: Using old Signature Keys with BB10

Q: "I used to develop apps for older BB OS (e.g. OS 7). Can I use the old Signature Keys to sign BB10 apps?"

No

If the answer is yes, where do I find my .csj files?

"If the answer is no, and I need to request new keys, will I still be able to use the old Signature Keys to develop apps for older BB OS?"

Yes and I would recommend that you, especially if you use BBM.  here is the URl, just ask for BB10 signing keys.

Developer
JoshBB

Hi Peter,

Are you saying that I SHOULD ask for new keys for BB10, but that after receiving them I will still be able to use the old keys for the older OS?

Thanks

Developer
peter_strange

Just to clarify, you can't use your current keys for BB10, so you need to ask for new keys.  In fact the signing process is completely different.

When you ask for keys, you can ask for BB10 keys, BBOS keys or both,  it is your choice.

I am sorry, this link missed my last post.  Hopefully it will provide clarification too:

https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/codesigning.html