Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
mungra
My Device: Curve 9360

Vendor App Approval Request Denied

Hi,

I'm trying to get my app approved for the blackberry app world. It keeps getting denied. Blackberry says while testing, my app is stuck on the loading screen. 

I tested my app on several simulators and real devices with no problem whats so ever.

On startup my app gets json code from my server via http connection. i haven't expierence any problem with it and the app starts up fine passing the loading screen.

does any one have an idea what it could be?

Thanx!

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Vendor App Approval Request Denied

I would approach this problem in three ways:

a) implement a Timer for network connections so that all requests complete after a relatively short period of time (not the two minutes it will normally take to timeout) - even if this completion is just to indicate the request timed out.  Set this reasonably short for the start up, and then it will never get stuck on the loading screen!  This doesn't fix the problem - it jus tmeans that the problem will not cause your app to be denied. 

b) Investigate very carefully the network code to make sure that it does choose a correct connection method in all circumstances.  I would suspect in this case that the App World testers might be testing on a corporate device and perhaps you have not coded BES/MDS connection correctly.  I would also include permissions in this particular investigation - you should have asked for and received permission to connect to the network before you attempt to connect.  This is I think where your problem is, either you have not got permission or your app is not connecting properly in the circumstances that the testers are using. 

c) While you are waiting, make sure you show some visual indication that the app is busy - like a rotating hour glass.  In fact I would also recommend that you provide the user with an option to cancel this wait if they want.  It might be that the app is not actually stuck, but there is no indication that anything is going on so the tester thinks it is stuck.

Hope these ideas are useful. 

New Contributor
mungra
My Device: Curve 9360

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your reply!:Balloon:

I use a snippet of code to check what connection to use.  at the moment i only check if the device is a simulator other then that i use the standard connection suffix. I don't know if this includes BES/MDS connection as well.

[Edited content to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.]

is there a some code that i can look at?

thanx again for your input.

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

use ConnectionFactory instead.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter