Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Vertical Scrolling very slow for Table

Give the attached a try.  You will need to change the package name

I hope it is self explanatory.  There are 3 java source files,

TableScreen.java, just creates the TableManager and adds the Field to it.

ExtendedLabelDynamicListener.java is a variation on your code - have a look at what I've done regarding displaying various states.

TableManager.java is the important part.  I suggest you review this carefully, since I have not put many comments in there.

I'm expecting questions.....

Contributor
june_misuki
My Device: Developer

Thank you. I will take some time to incorporate the same changes in my project. I will get back to you once that is done and il let you know if the scroll is alright now.

Contributor
june_misuki

That worked really well. It could not be smoother. Thanks a lot Peter. Could not have done it without you.

Developer
peter_strange

You are very welcome. 

Any comments or suggestions?  I'm thinking it might be worthwhile using that code as a KB article so that it can be chared better.  You are not the first person who has wanted to do something like this....

Contributor
june_misuki

Thats a great idea. I am not sure if it will help, but we can actually refine the fields that are repainted within the visible screen. 

For example, when you move from row 1 to row 2, repaint only those two rows instead of all the field in the visible screen(Assuming thats what the OS is doing).  When your moving left or right, only repaint that particular row. 

Developer
peter_strange

"we can actually refine the fields that are repainted"

I beleive the code I supplied already does that automatically.  It is not coded that way, it is a function of the way the Manager works.