Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: INDOSAT

Video Converter For BlackBerry

Hi, All 

Any one can tell me what's the converter video software for BlackBerry recommended,please ? Especially supported MPEG 4 part 2 or  MPEG 4 simple profile?

Thank you

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Video Converter For BlackBerry

Hello Onair,

Unfortunately I can't make any specific recommendations as to third-party software, however if you search the Community for 'video converter', you should be able to find a handful of forum discussions regarding this and some recommendations from community developers.

That being said, the latest versions of Desktop Manager do include a media management section where you can import videos from your PC to your device; there is also an option to convert the videos to a supported format for your device.

Finally, the following document is roughly a year old but provides some good information:

Erik Oros

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: INDOSAT

Re: Video Converter For BlackBerry

Hi Erik

thanks for your reply, finally l found some video converter can provide video formats on BlackBerry and l can play video streaming on my application so smoothly and nothing problem at all