Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
packiaraj
My Device: Not Specified

Video recording

Hi guys,

1.   i have develop an application which have an option video record and play back that video.

i know that is possible but is there any way to store or record the video in device memory...

2. When i try to play some video in my storm simulator it shows pop msg like "To record video please insert SDCard".

After that i configure my simulator by changing the option "change SD Card" in my simulate menu.

Then,its working fine but after playing the video its show an error like

1.JPG

Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: Video recording

Image isn't showing.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
packiaraj

Hi JCarty,

Thanks for your response but i cant get u... My Problem is my media player show an error after playing the 3gp format video.

Is this error possible to come in device?

Thanks,

Packiaraj

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.2174, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

First, what is the error message? Second, what BlackBerry/simulator are you getting this on? Didn't see "Storm simulator."

You need to record to a SDCard because videos can get very large, if it happens to fit on device memory then you can copy it over afterwards.

Without knowing the error message the only thing that comes to mind is you have to wait for the recording to commit before you try to play it. If it is not fully commited then you would be trying to play a partial video and will most likely get an error.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
Developer
packiaraj

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

Thanks for ur reply, I have already post the picture of error message did u see that? if no, I have pasted once again here pls have a look at that and also i have typed the Error which is displayed in the alert box..

ERROR:

Internal error- BlackBerry Smartphone simulator: "Access violation reading from 0x00000014"

Error

Please use plain text.
Developer
packiaraj

And One more question i have

- Is there any possible to take thumbnail for video?.. If yes, Please explain me or give some sample document.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.2174, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Ok, just as a tip images need to be approved by moderators before they get posted publicly so you can see it but everyone else cannot. The best thing to do is to post it to another site and post the link so people can view it.

Next the error, though I don't know what it means, tells me at least that it might be a Simulator error. Try the app on an actual device to see if any errors come up. If nothing comes up then it was the simulator and you should post it on BlackBerry Issue Tracker.

As for the thumbnails, I can't remember where I saw it but I saw a list of videos that had thumbnails and when you held your selected it they played snippets of the video.

Just found it, it simply loads the videos from a video folder, then creates a player for each video and simply doesn't play it. It still shows a thumbnail from the beginning of the video but can be played at any time.

Translation: to get a thumbnail create a non-viewable screen (a screen where instead of drawing to the Blackberry's display it draws to, say, an Bitmap), display a video on it, when the video draws to the Screen it draws to the Bitmap which you can use as a thumbnail.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.