Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Virtual KeyBoard Show previous Screen With Input in a BrowserField2

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to find out what could possibly cause this problem

I have a stack of screen, at one point one of my screen is only composed of a browserField (Screen to Connect to share on Twitter for exemple)

So there is an input in the webPage.

If i use the physical keyboard on the input field it works fine

Now, if a click on the input by touching it, it launchs the virtual keyboard, and everything in my browser except the input Field disapear causing the previous screen in the stack to show.

It doesn't happen in a 5.0 simulator,

I can't test on a 6.0 simulator because BrowserField seems not to work in 6.0 simulator.

Anyway it doesn't work on a 6.0 device.

Thanks for your help

Developer
My Device: Z10 Red
My Carrier: Free

Re: Virtual KeyBoard Show previous Screen

Under OS 5 and 6 you should use a BrowserField2

Contributor

i'm using the browserField 2.

Contributor

After a few tests, 

the problem only come from the browserField,

if i'm using an editField, the virtual keyboard appears and the painting is fine.

Now, and only if i touch an input field in a webpage, the keyboard appears with the underlying screen around the input field.

Developer
My Device: Z10 Red
My Carrier: Free

The problem is that both BrowserField2 and VirtualKeyboard are a bit buggy, I sometimes get only half the screen displayed even if the Keyboard has popped. And the browserField has a lot of trouble with Manager.replace and comparable feature (such as PaneManager).

If you open your physical keyboard, does the screen become normal again?

Contributor

Hi, after some few tests

Openning the physical keyboard after doesn't help. If i want the screen to be displayed correctly, i have to open the physical keyboard before touching the input.

I doubt that it's a bug of the browserField, it would be really disapointing not to be able to navigate in any website containing an input.

Is it possible it comes from the device itself.

And since i can't test on a simu, does anybody knows how to display borwserField content (url or local html) in a 6.0 simu (9800) ?

thanks

New Developer
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

I'm using the Facebook SDK version 0.3.5, and I have this very same issue. 

The BrowserField works just fine in a 6.0 browser, but opening the virtual keyboard shows the previous screen too.

Please, please help us !!!

Developer

I have the samekeyboard  trouble with OS 6.x.   It works fine on the simulator but not the device.  But I do not have a BrowserField.  I haven't been able to solve the problem yet.

Developer

It appears that adding a CustomButtonField (taken from RIM's CustomButtonField sample code) is the cause for the problems with the keyboard showing.  I need those custom buttons on the screen with the virtual keyboard so I need to get this working, but at the moment I cannot even think of where to start.  How could a button field cause the keyboard to have invisible spots? 

Thanks!

Developer

Didn't have anything to do with custom button fields. I think it is a memory management issue as I have a similar problem with SVG images on OS 6.x. I submitted this as a bug through the issue tracker.