Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8830
My Carrier: Developer

Virtual keyboard issue in storm

Hi, i m new in blackberry and i m developing an application in that i suffering the issue by virtual keyboard.

What happened in my case is that when i open a virtual keyboard to type something and when i pushing another screen the next screen got compressed by half of screen display.Please anybody have some solutions for that kindly let me know...  

thanks in advance....

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Virtual keyboard issue in storm

Welcome to the forum.

Have a look at this Thread which is covering exactly the same problem.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/How-to-Move-the-Screen-Up/td-p/1368195

New Contributor

Thanks for your immediate reply but that doesn't solve my issue.Here is the scenario where the problem occurs:
I have two screens:In one screen,I enter some data and save that.At the time of typing into Editfield,the keyboard opens and after clicking on save button I need to pop the current screen and open another screen.
When I load the second screen it only shows half portion of the screen(other part with White bg).means my app bg image got half of the screen. Hope you understood.
Thanks...

Developer

That shouldn't happen, sounds like a bug.

However perhaps one way round it is to use the VirtualKeyboard and hide it before you push the second screen.  have a look at VirtualKeyboard API.  Do you think this might help?

New Contributor

I have already done this.I am hiding the keyboard before pushing the second screen on stack,then also the problem occurs.
If I manually hide the keyboard from Blackberry menu and then push the second screen then it looks perfect,the issue doesn't occur.
So,I need to call two functions on one button click-hide keyboard and push the second screen.Can you please help me out with this?

Developer

If you have two UI type functions and you need the first to complete before you start the second, then the easiest way o do that is to package the second request as a new Runnable for the Event Thread.  In your case you would package the pushScreen.  So instead of

UiApplication.getUiApplication()pushScreen(...);

you would have

UiApplication.getUiApplication().invokeLater(new Runnable() {

public void run() {

UiApplication.getUiApplication().pushScreen....

}

});

Hope this resolves it.