Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
dev2011
My Device: Not Specified

WAP2 Time Out Issue

[ Edited ]

Hello,

we're using WAP2 Connections to pull data from a webservice. First it works fine, but after a while (maybe 30-50 requests later) the connections stop working. I still might get response code 200, but inputstream.read() will now block for 2 min. at which point a Timeout-Exception is thrown.

At this point all application on the device are impaired by the issue. The RIM Network Diagnostic Tool is also unable to make any succesful WAP2 Connections. Only way to get it working again is hard-reseting the device by pulling the battery.

This happens on a BB 8900, FW. 4.6.1.310. It does not happen on any devices running FW 5.0+.

I already made sure that all my Connections and Streams are properly closed, after being used.

Please use plain text.
Developer
dev2011
My Device: Not Specified

Re: WAP2 Time Out Issue

Ok I might have narrowed down the problem:

This seems to happen right after watching an h264-Video in the Browser. I did following:

- Started Network Diagnostic Tool, WAP2 Connection Working

- Opened h264-Video through the Browser, watched 20 sec., closed the Browser.

- Started Network Diagnostic Tool again, WAP2 not working anymore.

Could it be that the BB-MediaPlayer doesn't properly close all connections? And is there a way to maybe force close connections?

Please use plain text.