Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
PaoloLim
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Way to access dial strings from phone app?

I am developing on a 7290 device with handheld software version 4.1/JDE 4.1.  I was just wondering if there was a way to get the string you have entered in the phone application.  I am doing this because I want to make a somewhat native two stage dialing mechanism with a number stored within my app.  So when a user dials in the number, they have the option of either dialing regularly(already there, obviously) or using my two stage dialer from the menu.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
bzubert

Re: Way to access dial strings from phone app?

The only thing I can think of is to try registering an ApplicationMenuItem in the phone app.  I'm not sure if the 'context' Object that is returned in the ApplicationMenuItem would contain the number typed in or if it would just return a PhoneLog entry for prior items.  Running some tests on this one would reveal the answer, inspecting the Object with getClass() calls and/or running it in the debugger to get more details on the Object returned.
Brian Zubert
Technical Partnership Manager
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.
Developer
PaoloLim

Re: Way to access dial strings from phone app?

[ Edited ]

Thank you, I found out where it is located with help from the debugger.  Now to see if I can make use of it. 

EDIT: Actually, I just realized that context is null from the phone number field and what I found was actually the first entry of the call log.

Message Edited by PaoloLim on 07-17-2008 05:04 PM
Please use plain text.