Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
UmaVenkateswararao1200
My Device: 9800

Web services Architecture

I want to know the architecture of connecting Blackberry Interface to Web services.I searched in google but not find exact soluton, can anyone help me.

Developer
kamal_nigam
My Device: Blackberry 10

Re: Web services Architecture

What kind of architecture you are looking for.  If you talking about the connection visit this doc

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Different-ways-to-make-an-HTTP-or-socket-con...

On top of this KSOP make wrapper class to help developer 

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Web services Architecture

Web Services mean different things to different people.

For some it is a SOAP based Server, for other's it is a REST based server and for others it is simply an HTTP API.  And then you need to factor in the various authentication protocols. 

As a result it is not possible to give you a simple answer to your question that covers all possibilities.

In general however, BlackBerry devices can connect to all the various Web Servers types.  Typically the mechanism is simply that the client on the BlackBerry makes a call that ends up being a networking request to a known Server with defined parameters.  The processing then parses the response (using say JSON or XML).  

So the overall architecture is pretty much layered with a UI Layer to display the data, a management layer to control the flow and a networking layer to communicate with the Server. 

The details of each layer depend on

a) The type of Web Server you are connecting to

b) The BlackBerry OS that you are intending to use.

(b) is important because later OS levels include facilities, like JSON, natively to make the process easier whereas earlier ones may need you to develop this yourself (for example to include the JSON API in your application). 

Anyway, for a more detailed answer, please answer (a) and (b) above.  If you describe what you are trying to do in brief, that might help to.