Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

Weird Display on 9860

Hello guys,

I'm new around here. I am having trouble uploading an application due to it displaying distorted colored lines of some graphics only on 9860. Anyone have a similar case before? It works fine on the simulator but not on the phone.

OS 5 application works fine on all except 9860

I am trying to upload 2 different version now to see if it happens again.

Trying now:
OS 5 application for all phones except 9860
OS 7 application for the phones that support OS 7 as stated on wikepdia

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Weird Display on 9860

Not had any similar problems with graphically intense apps on 9860, though it is the largest screen and highest resolution on the BB range (at present anyway). 

Can we see a screen shot of the distortion?

New Contributor

Hello, Sorry for the delay, heres the screenshot.
Notice that the top bar is distorted badly

But for the top bar I used a horizontal manager which means that the buttons on top are of the right size but the png is is distorted.

I used ScaleInto function to scale the png files and setExtent the buttons to the png size

The left image is a bit different from the right image but the same problem still exist

screenshot

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Not a pretty sight!  I have not seen anything like this myself. 

I would suggest that perhaps you should use this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Resizing-Transparent-Bitmaps/ta-p/703239

rather than scaleInto, and perhaps that will fix some of this. 

if this doesn't resolve the issue, I would think the next thing to do is to create a standalone 'test' that we can try.

Have you tried the 9900 which has a similar resolution screen (though clearly not the same number of pixels!)

Developer
My Device: 9360, BB10
My Carrier: Aircel

Once check the App descriptor file of your project.

There is one option at bottom build chek in this section that "convert image file into png" checked or unchecked.

If it is checked than make it uncheck.

New Contributor

Smiley Very Happy

I am using that code for someother transparent png but not for the top menu because they are not really transparent.
I looked through the code before, it uses ScaleInto as well.

I don't really have a lot of devices to test on though, only a Touch 9800 and a Bold 9000

Will try to upload a test version if it fails to submit again after i untick the change image to png Smiley Sad

Highlighted
New Contributor

Can I ask

1)if I upload a OS 5 and a OS 7 application, will the app store detect which is more suitable for the blackberry to download?

2)I am programming it on Eclipse so if i sign the application using OS5 JRE, inside the web folder contains all the other versions (5.0.0, 6.0.0, 7.0.0, 7.1.0), can I use 7.0.0 to upload onto appstore or do I have to switch to OS7 JRE and compile sign again?