Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
frandelbetis
My Device: Blackberry playbook
Accepted Solution

What kind of service name can get the getServiceName method of BluetoothSerialPortInfo Class?

What kind of service name can get the getServiceName method of BluetoothSerialPortInfo Class?

For example, I know that 'Serial Port' is a service name, what other types are there?

Thank  you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
frandelbetis

Re: What kind of service name can get the getServiceName method of BluetoothSerialPortInfo Class?

Do you understand my question? I will try to explain:
I´m developing a method called getPairedDevices. Its function is to create an array with the devices paired by Bluetooth with the mobile. This method has a parameter, that filter according to the service name of device.

In my app I want use this method only for get Bluetooth printers. For this, I filter with 'Serial Port' service name.
If I want filter by other devices, like Scanner for example, what service names can have a Bluetooth device?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Contributor
frandelbetis

Re: What kind of service name can get the getServiceName method of BluetoothSerialPortInfo Class?

I answer to myself. 

- The service name for printer and other devices connected by serial port is 'Serial Port'.

- The service name for Blackberry mobiles is 'BlackBerry Desktop Service...'

- The service name for Smart Card readers is 'Smart Card Reader BB'

If you know more, be free to write.

Please use plain text.