Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

When the small black clock shows up - is it good or bad?

On Bold 9000, when starting my app or sometime in the middle of running the app, a small black clock wth hands clicking shows/pops up.  What does it mean? Is there anything that is of concern when it shows up?

Thanks

Developer
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: When the small black clock shows up - is it good or bad?

That just means the device is loading. If you get this a lot, you should probably optimize. If it's a spare occurrence, don't worry about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
Highlighted
Developer

[ Edited ]

It indicates that the garbage collector is running.

This may be due to creating excess garbage in your application, but it is often a normal occurence (as Dom says). If it happens often while your progam is running, then you should do some profiling and determine where the garbage is coming from.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT and T

My Blackberry's little black clock is showing up constantly and i dont know why. I have conducted the hard start several times with nothing changing.

Developer

Are you a developer?

I am assuming not. 

I would also assume that the phone did not do this when you first bought it.  To me this indicates that you have installed something, or something has been updated, and it is causing your phone problems.  So I would remove any applications that you have recently purchased or updated and see if the problem is resolved. 

You have actually posted in a developer forum, I suspect it would be better if you asked this question in a forum that was specific to your phone.  Can you tell us which phone you have and we can then move this question to the correct forum.