Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Reply
New Developer
Faridus
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-05-2009

Where on Earth can I download ANY of the development packages from the site ?????

Hi guys,

 

Sorry for the harsh tone (especially for a first post).

 

I live in Paris, France, I'm a lead developer and have been developing software for more than 15 years and with 10 years on Java.

My boss has asked me to do some research for a Blackberry project we may start.

 

So, all I want is a complete download of any of (pick your choice), JDE, eclipse plugin, simulator or whatever.


I've been trying since last week end and they all have failed one way or the other.

(smells and sounds like a big timeout...)

 

And yes I have checked the forums and yes I've seen (and clicked) the links for the non North American Customer (for those who would ask)

 

I tried to download from:

 

* Home: Wifi - Ethernet

 

* Office: Wifi - Ethernet

 

I also tried from Mac OS X with all the browsers (yes I mainly do my developpment on a Mac)

 

I tried downloading from XP with IE AND Firefox (XP running on a machine and in VMWare on the above mentioned Mac)

 

I tried downloading from Vista with IE AND Firefox (running on a PC)

 

But still (drums rolling....)

 

 

Nada, zip, nothing, rien de rien, peau de balle, niente, nichts or whatever you want me to say.

 

Does anybody have any idea about what is going on ?

 

For those of you working on these JDE, I really wonder how you managed this miraculous feat.

 

Is it worth trying to develop or is it just a big joke ?

 

Again sorry for the tone but when you try for days to do such a simple thing as download a JDE with no result, frustration starts to kick in real fast (come on guys we're approaching 2010)

 

A couple of drinks in Paris, France for whoever has a solution.

 

Thanks for reading

 

Please use plain text.
Developer
baskaraninfo
Posts: 342
Registered: ‎02-04-2009

Re: Where on Earth can I download ANY of the development packages from the site ?????

[ Edited ]

Please contact devsupport@rim.com for help with this.

 

PS: For past couple of weeks many users are facing download problem due to server down or server busy. We hope it will be back soon.

Message Edited by baskaraninfo on 05-05-2009 08:10 AM

Use Search. "Accept Solution" if the problem gets resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Faridus
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-05-2009

Re: Where on Earth can I download ANY of the development packages from the site ?????

Yes that's what I read on previous post.

 

I'm in waiting-for-the-answer mode.

Needless to say in the era we live and work in this is inacceptable.

I really hope that they do something about it really fast. No alternate way (bittorrent or whatever) ?

 

And I'm not talking of the 10 clicks or so, you have to perform between the package you have selected and the actual download button.

Which of course is of no use.

 

So much for the user experience... 

 

Please use plain text.
Developer
yyzTim
Posts: 304
Registered: ‎04-30-2008

Re: Where on Earth can I download ANY of the development packages from the site ?????

I had trouble recently downloading a couple of things from the site but they eventually came.  It typically involved clicking back and trying again 5-10 times.  Once started they didn't fail.  I assume you have already tried at least as many times but thought you might want someone elses experience.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Faridus
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-05-2009

Re: Where on Earth can I download ANY of the development packages from the site ?????


yyzTim wrote:
I had trouble recently downloading a couple of things from the site but they eventually came.  It typically involved clicking back and trying again 5-10 times.  Once started they didn't fail.  I assume you have already tried at least as many times but thought you might want someone elses experience.

 

Thanks !

 

The only thing that came was the  PDF tutorials. No problems with them.

I've been trying several times a day for days !

I know it sounds weird but nothing came at all.

 

Thanks again

Please use plain text.
New Developer
nobre
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎03-02-2009

Re: Where on Earth can I download ANY of the development packages from the site ?????

I share your pain. Here at work I never can get any JDE downloads to complete. Besides being capped to 30KB/s, and providing no mirror sites anywhere on the internet, and not providing a resumable capable download server.... I could only manage to get it after a lot of tries on my home box, or in the infrastructure sector here at work that has a direct link (the work boxes run through their proxy)

 

The links should have a ftp mirror available for theses situations... 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Faridus
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-05-2009

Re: Where on Earth can I download ANY of the development packages from the site ?????


nobre wrote:

I share your pain. Here at work I never can get any JDE downloads to complete. Besides being capped to 30KB/s, and providing no mirror sites anywhere on the internet, and not providing a resumable capable download server.... I could only manage to get it after a lot of tries on my home box, or in the infrastructure sector here at work that has a direct link (the work boxes run through their proxy)

 

The links should have a ftp mirror available for theses situations... 


That's exactly what I am discussing with the support guys.

Or allowing people who have downladed the JDEs to share them without any legal hassle :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Developer
qwavel
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎09-10-2008

Re: Where on Earth can I download ANY of the development packages from the site ?????

And it has nothing to do with where you are.  I'm located very close to RIM HQ and I have exactly the same problem.  It has been like this for as long as I've been trying to work with the BB.   Just trying to get a JDE is a big pain.

 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Faridus
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-05-2009

Re: Where on Earth can I download ANY of the development packages from the site ?????


qwavel wrote:

And it has nothing to do with where you are.  I'm located very close to RIM HQ and I have exactly the same problem.  It has been like this for as long as I've been trying to work with the BB.   Just trying to get a JDE is a big pain.

 


Strange, 5 mn tops to download a SDK from Apple or Nokia and I'm on my fifth day with RIM...

 

Maybe you could go see them and grab a DVD with everything on it !

 

You could win a lot of drinks all around the world.

 

 

Please use plain text.