07-06-2010 03:55 PM
This is my second post related to this topic.
I have implementing Wi-Fi Hotspot API 5.0 with the help of my first post reply's. Following are some findings from my side.
1. The my HotspotClient is
myHotspotClient = new MyHotspotClient(HotspotCredentialsAgent.getSystemH
2. Registered myHotspotClient in UiApplication constructor before pushing MainScreen by this method - HotspotClientRegistry.add(myHotspotClient , ApplicationDescriptor.currentApplicationDescriptor
Testing on Simulator:
1. I have deleted default saved wi-fi profile (Default WLAN Network) and in my HotspotClient i have used same profile name "Default WLAN Network" by returning the string to getClientName() method. In getSupportedNetworks(WLANInfo.WLANAPInfo networks) method i take list of networks and check for SSID = "Default WLAN Network" network then i set it as first element of HotspotInfo array and ignoring other networks finally returning HotspotInfo array to getSupportedNetworks(WLANInfo.WLANAPInfo networks) method.
2. I start the application then automatically in background system do some processing, i can see the in/out arrows in top-right corner. Then i came to main screen by putting my app in background, what i noticed is through my app it add the "Default WLAN Network" in saved wi-fi profiles and it also associates/connects "Default WLAN Network" as active wi-fi connection to device after seeing all this i got happy thought my application is done. But it was not.....What i noticed
After 10 to 15 sec it automatically disconnects wi-fi connection, then after few seconds it connects this connecting and disconnection goes on.
Now i close my application by going back to my app. Then i can browse simulator contents but when i go to Manage Connection> Wi-Fi Option it get hangs and i can't do any thing so only one option lefts closing simulator.
1. i have just changed the SSID from "Default WLAN Network" to available wi-fi SSID to which i need to connect.
2. It behaves similarly as it did in simulator even in device also it get hangs so i have to restart the device then delete the appln.
Is anyone know why it is behaving like this, why its automatically connects/disconnects. Or is it i am missing any thing . Did any have faced this type of behavior.
Any reply's will b appreciated......Please help.
01-31-2011 11:39 PM - edited 01-31-2011 11:39 PM
I had been trying for some days to make a wireless scanner following the steps shown in your first post without success. I'm hoping that you could give me a hand to solve this issue. I can’t compile the code given by Kims which contains a lot mistakes. And what about the WIFiConnectionManager() that isn’t there.
Thank you in advance