Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Wi-Fi Hotspot API 5.0 behavior issues

Hi All,

This is my second post related to this topic. 

first post: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/How-to-scan-for-available-networks-for-devic...

I have implementing Wi-Fi Hotspot API 5.0 with the help of my first post reply's. Following are some findings from my side.

Implementation:

1. The my HotspotClient is  

hotspotClientEnabler = new HotspotClientEnabler(HotspotCredentialsAgent.getSystemHotspotCredentialsAgent(),
                                            hotSpotAuthAgentEnabler, HotspotClient.NETWORK_TYPE_AUTOMATIC);

myHotspotClient = new MyHotspotClient(HotspotCredentialsAgent.getSystemHotspotCredentialsAgent(),                                            myHotSpotAuthAgent, HotspotClient.NETWORK_TYPE_AUTOMATIC);

2. Registered myHotspotClient in UiApplication constructor before pushing MainScreen by this method - HotspotClientRegistry.add(myHotspotClient , ApplicationDescriptor.currentApplicationDescriptor());

Testing on Simulator:

1. I have deleted default saved wi-fi profile (Default WLAN Network) and in my HotspotClient i have used same profile name "Default WLAN Network" by returning the string to getClientName() method. In getSupportedNetworks(WLANInfo.WLANAPInfo[] networks) method i take list of networks and check for SSID = "Default WLAN Network" network then i set it as first element of  HotspotInfo array and ignoring other networks finally returning HotspotInfo array to getSupportedNetworks(WLANInfo.WLANAPInfo[] networks) method.

2. I start the application then automatically in background system do some processing, i can see the in/out arrows in top-right corner. Then i came to main screen by putting my app in background, what i noticed is through my app it add the  "Default WLAN Network" in saved wi-fi profiles and it also associates/connects "Default WLAN Network" as active wi-fi connection to device after seeing all this i got happy thought my application is done. But it was not.....What i noticed

After 10 to 15 sec it automatically disconnects wi-fi connection, then after few seconds it connects this connecting and disconnection goes on. 

Now i close my application by going back to my app. Then i can browse simulator contents but when i go to Manage Connection> Wi-Fi Option it get hangs and i can't  do any thing so only one option lefts closing simulator.

Device 9700:

1. i have just changed the SSID from "Default WLAN Network" to available  wi-fi SSID to which i need to connect.

2. It behaves similarly as it did in simulator even in device also it get hangs so i have to restart the device then delete the appln.

Is anyone know why it is behaving like this, why its automatically connects/disconnects. Or is it i am missing any thing . Did any have faced this type of behavior.

Any reply's will b appreciated......Please help.

Thanks,

amsiddh

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Wi-Fi Hotspot API 5.0 behavior issues

[ Edited ]

Hi amsiddh, 

I had been trying for some days to make a wireless scanner following the steps shown in your first post without success. I'm hoping that you could give me a hand to solve this issue. I can’t compile the code given by Kims which contains a lot mistakes. And what about the WIFiConnectionManager() that isn’t there.

Thank you in advance

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9100

Re: Wi-Fi Hotspot API 5.0 behavior issues

anyone have WIFiConnectionManager class?  i think Kim miss that one...