Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
vvolkman
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Win 7 / X64 installing BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.1.2.201004161203-16 has no Blackberry plugin

After installing Eclipse-with-the-plugin, I run Eclipse but there is no context menu for the Blackberry JDE.  It is missing from the user interface completely.

I chose the mode where no pre-existing Eclipse is needed, just give JDE_PluginFull an empty folder and it is supposed to do its stuff.

I already have UAC disabled (slider all the way down) so it should not be a UAC issue

Win 7 / X64 installing BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.1.2.201004161203-16 has no Blackberry plugin

Please use plain text.
Developer
indusBULL

Re: Win 7 / X64 installing BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.1.2.201004161203-16 has no Blackberry plugin

Yes it is frustrating to get eclipse plug-in working. I struggled with it for long time as well my colleagues.

They have got rid of BB context menu since plug-in version 1.1.2. Instead now it's under Project menu. To check, if plug-in is installed successfully, you can do two things.

1) Go to Help > About Eclipse. Here, if you see RIM logo, click on it and see if plug-in is installed.

or

2) Go to File > New > Project. If you see BB project option, then plug-in is installed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vvolkman

Re: Win 7 / X64 installing BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.1.2.201004161203-16 has no Blackberry plugin

Hi Bull, thanks for taking an interest in my woes....  Unfortunately, I have mixed results:

1.  RiM logo is on the About box and it claims to be 5.0.0.25.  However...

2.  It is most definitely NOT on the File->New->Project menu, which is why I can't create a BlackBerry project. :smileymad:

I go over to a Windows XP machine, install the same  BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.1.2.201004161203-16 and the BlackBerry project DOES appear on the File->New->Project under Blackberry where it should.

It is sad that both (1) RiM doesn't support Win 7 / X64 and worse that there isn't even a warning when you install it saying, "forget trying to make this work on Win 7 X64 because it won't"

indusBULL wrote:

Yes it is frustrating to get eclipse plug-in working. I struggled with it for long time as well my colleagues.

They have got rid of BB context menu since plug-in version 1.1.2. Instead now it's under Project menu. To check, if plug-in is installed successfully, you can do two things.

1) Go to Help > About Eclipse. Here, if you see RIM logo, click on it and see if plug-in is installed.

or

2) Go to File > New > Project. If you see BB project option, then plug-in is installed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vvolkman

[ Edited ]

Well after fussing and fuming, I did find this Windows 7 and BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse 1.1 Beta Walkthrough  which I followed to the "T" and got a fully functional Eclipse with BlackBerry Java Plug-in.

What (I think) they crucial missing ingredients were for those follow in my footsteps

1.  Don't install the 64-bit JDK, use only a 32-bit JDK on Win 7 / X64

2.  Run Eclipse in the Windows XP SP3 emulation mode (Properties --> Compatability in Explorer on Eclipse.exe)

3.  Changing permissions to Full Control on the C Drive (maybe? I can't say for sure but I did it as listed on the walkthru).  The adventurous should create a mini-partition for use by Eclipse and do it there so as not to compromise security longterm.

thanks all

--Victor R. Volkman

<doctor-it-hurts-when-i-do-that/><well-dont-do-that-then/>

Please use plain text.