Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
satchell
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Windows 7 and BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse 1.1 Beta Walkthrough

Rohan wrote:

Hi Jerome,

The link no longer exist! Can you please give us the alternate link?

Thanks,

- Rohan

Hi Rohan,

Please read the info here the link Jcarty provided should be accurate.

BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse Update Site

Good Luck,

Brent

Developer
Doctor
My Device: Not Specified

Oops, it is a valid update site... My bad :smileyindifferent:

But one more thing:

In the Available Software tab under BlackBerry Update Site, I can only see BlackBerry Java SDK 4.5.0.21onwards. What about the other versions?

Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

This has been discussed a few times. RIM has not yet provided downloads for any OS prior to 4.5. There has been no announcement of if or when they will provide any older OS version.

Hopefully, they will announce or just provide it soon.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Developer
Doctor

Oh, I wasn't aware if it was discussed earlier.

Thanks for the help.

- Rohan

Developer
Febiyan

The indonesian language version of walkthrough installation is in my blog. It contains screenshots too. :smileyhappy:

http://blog.reversef.com/featured/tutorial-instalasi-tools-pemrograman-blackberry/

Contributor
pradeep123
My Device: 8520

can anyone tell me how to use j4me code in blackberry programming

thanks....

Contributor
tjerkw
My Device: multiple devices

I still have this problem. It seems that RIM always has problems with providing proper tooling support. Basically installing and running the compiler in eclipse already gives you problems like these.

I'm also a Android developer, and let me tell you.. there tooling support is SOO MUCH better. BlackBerry basically sucks when it comes to tooling.

Why cant they make it work the first time..

Developer
sam_berry
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

Guys,

Is it better idea to use Windows 7 32-bit than 64-bit for Blackberry Development?

I'm kinda stuck with so many issues. I tried all approaches that I see here on this community.

Most difficult problem for me right now is the simulator just hangs at any time, no matter what JDE SDK i use, what simulator i choose. All JDE SDK version and simulators stuck badly but at random point of time. Sometimes simulator starts well, I get it up and running with debugger attached successfully and then I runs app and it hangs, or sometimes during attaching debugger, sometimes when I am just running simulator (not debugging), sometimes it do not start at all and hangs in middle. Any time when I attempt to close the simulator that also hangs, but to close it I kill the process BBDevMgr.exe as well as fledge.ext as suggested by other people in this community.

At the end of the day simulators do nor work properly. The strange thing is, I have been using these tools daily a few weeks before without any troubles when I installed it first time on my new windows 7 64 bit machine. I don't understand suddenly what went wrong. I'm totally disappointed now.

I wanted to continue using Windows 7 than vista because it is much faster and better windows os and is compatible with my machine as well. But now I think I need to step back and continue using vista for a while till RIM fixes issues with Windows 7.

Here is my system details.

Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)

Eclipse BlackBerry Java Plug-in 1.1.2.201004161203-16

Eclipse Platform 3.5.0.I20090611-1540  (32-bit)

Java 1.6.0_02 (32-bit)

I have following components installed:

net.rim.eide.componentpack4.2.1_4.2.1.17 - (Copy pasted from previous development machine)

net.rim.ejde.componentpack4.5.0_4.5.0.28 - (Copy pasted from previous development machine)

net.rim.ejde.componentpack4.6.1_4.6.1.49 - (Latest updated from eclipse update site)

net.rim.ejde.componentpack4.7.0_4.7.0.57 - (Copy pasted from previous development machine)

net.rim.ejde.componentpack5.0.0_5.0.0.25 - (Default installed when installed using eclipse plugin full installer)

Even after trying alot, nothing is working. So am thinking of either switching back to Vista 32 bit or trying out Windows 7 32 bit for a while. But I need suggestion, is it worth trying Windows 7 32 bit or not?

Please let me know what you all think.

Thanks Guys,

Sam

Do what you love.. Love what you do.. :smileyvery-happy:
Developer
sam_berry

I don't blame RIM because they are doing awesome job. I can't even compare RIM's effort to Apple iPhone. Apple iPhone xcode only works on Mac that too is Apple's own OS. RIM on the other hand supports many platforms which they themself do not created. Its still a big effort to support all these OSes.

RIM guys are human just like us, they will need time but will sure do the best support and am confident about it. I just want to pay my gratitude to RIM by this reply that how much I support RIM's effort.

Thanks Guys,

Sam

Developer
sam_berry

Well I finally installed Windows 7 Professional 32-bit with Everything 32 bit, also turned UAC off but no luck..

Simulators still stuck. When I run it directly or via eclipse or if I try to debug it. It stuck everything and hangs at any point of time.

I'm just not able to figure out whats wrong with Windows 7 and Blackberry combination... It just don't work...

Any pointers guys???