08-06-2010 03:30 PM
Do you have the latest versions of your software running?
Eclipse 3.5 Classic
Java JDK update 16 (32-bit)
Are you using the 5.0 simulators (or are they lower)?
08-26-2010 10:27 AM
Well I finally installed Windows 7 Professional 32-bit with Everything 32 bit, also turned UAC off but no luck..
Simulators still stuck. When I run it directly or via eclipse or if I try to debug it. It stuck everything and hangs at any point of time.
I'm just not able to figure out whats wrong with Windows 7 and Blackberry combination... It just don't work...
Any pointers guys???
Can you describe the behaviour you are seeing? Does the simulator show up as a plain white screen? Or does it draw correctly, but have a constant hour glass?
If you see a solid white screen try turning down the graphics acceleration. To do so click on the View menu, choose Graphics Acceleration and cycle through the lower settings until you find one that works.
11-28-2010 05:23 PM
thanks for the link.
I'm running Vista and I encountered a couple of glitches.
- my version of Java is 22 rather than 17
- your download link for Java doesn't seem to work
- in the compatibility stuff
- I only have SP2 rather than SP3
- I couldn't select "run as admin" unless I entered the admin password
(should I be doing this as admin?)
- I have to enter the admin password to run Eclipse now
- it claimed I had to do a full rebuild after changing Java to 1.4 compatibility
- my BlackBery preferences have no "code signing" option
- my BlackBerry preferences have no "Debug" option
I do at least have the option of creating a BlackBerry project now!
thanks for your efforts!
11-28-2010 08:32 PM
11-28-2010 09:25 PM
I'm using Windows 7 professional 32 bit with 2 G Ram, with the latest JDK 1.6
I have eclipse-java-galileo-SR2-win32 for my ide
Most of blackberry items for development i have installed with no problem. Just to remind, make sure during installation, Run As Administrator,
All folders, must make sure to run as administrator, if you have mistaken ly installed as non-administrator, example the MDS, just make the program tu run as administrator.